NEXT-LEVEL WOUND CONTROL WITH PURAPLY® AM
PuraPly AM is intended for the management of wounds and as an effective barrier to resist microbial colonization within the device and reduce microbes penetrating through the device.1
THE NEW STANDARD OF CARE
Early bioburden management with PuraPly AM following sharp debridement empowers you to take immediate command of the healing environment by:
- Providing optimal foundation of care for controlling bioburden and preventing biofilm re-formation2-4
- Producing a sustained antimicrobial barrier effect between weekly debridements5,6
- Eliminating the need for at-home primary dressing changes by the patient and/or caregiver1
INDEPENDENTLY UNIQUE, COLLECTIVELY IN CONTROL
Unlike sterile dressings and placental allografts, only PuraPly AM combines native, cross-linked ECM and broad-spectrum PHMB to provide a sustained antimicrobial barrier.
Native, Cross-Linked ECM
Broad-Spectrum PHMBECM=extracellular matrix PHMB=polyhexamethylene biguanide
THE POWER OF PLUS
Only PuraPly AM features the unique combination of native, cross-linked ECM + broad-spectrum PHMB to:
- Provide a sustained antimicrobial barrier effect5,6
- Help prevent biofilm re-formation6
- Act as a bridge between weekly debridements6
- Keep you in control of the healing environment
NATIVE, CROSS-LINKED ECM
ECM helps support healing7,8
Unlike fragmented, reconstituted collagen:
- Native ECM inhibits a wider range of MMPs, helping to address the proteolytic environment that stalls wounds9
- The cross-linked, dual layers of PuraPly AM resist ECM degradation in the wound, supporting persistence between debridements6
- The dual layers of PuraPly AM maximize surface area for PHMB saturation1,3,10
The native ECM in PuraPly AM undergoes a proprietary purification process that:
- Preserves the natural matrix structure to ensure strength, function, and biocompatibility during wound healing
- Removes cells and non-collagen materials that could cause an inflammatory/immunologic response
- Inactivates viruses and bacteria
Proactively disrupts bioburden1,3,4
Unlike silver dressings, PHMB:
- Won't damage key cells (eg, fibroblasts) involved in wound healing11
- Features high tissue compatibility and low cytotoxicity2,4,12
- Has no known instances of bacteria acquiring resistance2-4,13
See how PuraPly AM helps prevent biofilm re-formation:
PERSPECTIVE PAPER SERIES
Specialists, nurses, and researchers across the wound care space provide their perspectives on the impact of biofilm and the importance of biofilm management.
CONFIRMATION OF CONTROL
See the wound types, available sizes, and how to apply PuraPly AM, or contact an Organogenesis Tissue Regeneration Specialist to see how PuraPly AM can help your practice.
- PuraPly Antimicrobial [package insert]. Canton, MA: Organogenesis Inc; 2020.
- Hübner NO, et al. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;23(1 suppl):17-27.
- Brantley J, et al. Wounds Int. 2016;7(3):1-5.
- Gilbert P, et al. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;99(4):703-715.
- Data on file. PDR-0001. Organogenesis Inc.
- Data on file. PDR-0002. Organogenesis Inc.
- Oropallo AR. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019;7:e2047.
- Lintzeris D, et al. Wounds. 2018;30(3):72-78.
- Negron L, et al. Int Wound J. 2014;11(4):392-397.
- Carpenter S, et al. Wounds. 2016;28(6 suppl):S1-S20.
- Zou SB, et al. Int Wound J. 2013;10(3):306-312.
- Sood A, et al. Adv Wound Care. 2014;3(8):511-529.
- Sim W, et al. Antibiotics. 2018;7(4):93.